Welcome to the Ottawa Coed Recreational Soccer League website.
Please note that OCRSL has not had games since the start of COVID-19. The OCRSL administrators are investigating a possible return to play. With that in mind, here are the safety protocols we are examining:
- Players only are to be present at games, no spectators.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided, but plan to bring your own for personal use if you have some too.
- Keeper gloves will be washed each week, but if you normally play as a keeper and have your own gloves you should use them.
- Social distancing should be followed with a 2 metre separation guideline both on the sidelines and in the game where practicable.
- Physical contact should be avoided as much as possible. Look for opportunities to win the ball by intercepting passes and then moving the ball quickly.
- Wear your gear so you do not need to change when you get to the field.
- No touching the ball by hands except by the keeper with gloves.
- Players allowed in the goal box will be limited to to 2 offenders, 2 defenders and the keeper.
- No handshaking at the end of play (a distanced wave or bow instead).
- No heading the ball, not even to score a goal.
We will send out a survey to determine if there is enough interest in a Winter 2020 season. Please keep an eye out for it.
Alan, Erhan, Warren and Isabelle
You can subscribe to the mailing list to receive email notifications when new seasons are available to register in.
This website contains all of the details about the OCRSL and provides registered players personal schedules and team information. Registered players can access league resources by logging in with their credentials on the top right of the page. To become a registered player, and obtain credentials, refer to the register link in the menu above.
The first ever women's World Cup was held in 1991 in China, and was won by the United States